Sunday 11 March 2018

Photographic finesse has its place, but it can also get in the way. I was trying to show vitality. The pictures are about content, and more content. And if there is no content, take no picture.”

“It’s exactly the other way around now. ‘Okay I’m going to take my clothes off, and I’m going to stand there in the nude, and I’m going to try and look lonely or profound.'”

“Content cannot be manufactured, in my opinion. That which I can find is better than that which you can make. That which we find, the work and the use of the people out there, it’s natural, that’s what ordinary people do, that interests me.”

“I take pride in saying these are all how we looked, not how we wanted to look, or staged. You cannot stage pictures. That is something I have many many times defended. People say ‘Well you can stage that.’ I say ‘No you cannot, and I can prove it to you.’ Many times over I’ve taken a second shot after [some] kids have seen me, and nothing. It’s a different picture.”

Fred Herzog

Such a great book. Highly recommended if you have any interest in Street Photography.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fred-Herzog-David-Campany/dp/377574181X/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1520782500&sr=8-5&keywords=herzog&dpID=61LhSCw4OTL&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

No comments:

Post a Comment